Worker in southeast Phoenix city crushed to death by equipment
PHOENIX — A construction worker in a suburb southeast of Phoenix was killed Tuesday in an accident that involved heavy equipment, authorities said.
The unidentified person was working in a San Tan Valley subdivision when they fell under a piece of equipment, according to ABC15.
The worker was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Pinal County Sheriff’s Office and industrial safety officials are investigating.
The accident reportedly occurred in the Morning Sun Farms subdivision near Empire Boulevard and Gary Road, the TV station reported.
No other information was immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Sharper Point: Arizona, where DNA stands for ‘Distrust Nearly All’
- 17-year-old charged with murder after crash in San Tan Valley kills 3
- Only 42 percent of Arizonans could pass US citizenship test, survey finds
- Arizona won’t have drought plan done by deadline, officials say
- Dolphinaris Arizona isn’t permanently closed, despite lack of signage