Arizona’s first fine dining vegan restaurant opening in Glendale
PHOENIX – Casa Terra, Arizona’s first fine dining vegan restaurant, is opening in downtown Glendale on Feb. 6.
The restaurant will feature plant-based, seasonally changing dishes with influences from Mexico and the Mediterranean.
Casa Terra’s founder and executive chef Jason Wyrick is a New York Times best-selling author and an internationally renowned chef.
Wyrick has been bringing vegan food to the Valley since 2004 with The Vegan Taste, his meal delivery service.
“I’ve done a lot in my career as a chef, and the one thing that truly inspires me is exploring vegan cuisine and sharing it with people. For the past decade, I’ve had countless requests to open a restaurant,” Wyrick said in a press release.
“I’ve realized for a while that despite being one of the largest cities in the country with a burgeoning food scene, Phoenix doesn’t have a plant forward fine dining restaurant, and we need one. Casa Terra had to be the next step in my culinary journey.”
The restaurant will open for dinner only and is located at 6835 N. 58th Drive in Glendale.
The menu offers a variety of small plates, pizzas, entrees and desserts, including:
- Tapas Tacos: handmade tortillas, pibil mushrooms, smoked seitan, and almond and chile de arbol salsa
- Salmorejo: Spanish tomato bread soup, black garlic, guajillo chile, apple, olive oil, glass crouton, smoked almond dust
- Sweet Potato Tamal: pibil oyster mushroom, pipian verde
- Spinach Ricotta Agnolotti: stuffed pasta, arugula puree, lemon evoo, sun-dried tomato, shaved garlic
- Coconut Flan with Mezcal Apricot Preserves: citrus zest, mole, candied pine nuts
Check the website for more information and a special Valentine’s Day menu.