Wednesday’s outrage centers on the “selfie” photo that President Barack Obama took at the Nelson Mandela Memorial Tuesday, along with the leader of Denmark.
The image of the two, along with Britain’s’ Prime Minister David Cameron, has been seen now around the world.
Why? Because someone took a photo while the selfie was being taken. And of course, the president is being criticized for being selfish, disrespectful and not statesmanlike.
The memorial for Nelson Mandela has been treated as a celebration by most South Africans. Rightfully, the people Mandela governed are celebrating his life instead of mourning him. They sing and dance. They wear traditional African garments. They probably even take selfies.
And what would YOU do if a fellow world leader asked to take a photo with you? Are you going to play President Buzzkill and say no? No, you wouldn’t.
Denmark’s prime minister probably was a little starstruck sitting next to Obama. You know, prime ministers are people too.
Just like rock stars and athletes, big names are often wowed by OTHER big names. Remember Jennifer Lawrence with Jeff Bridges? Yeah. It’s kind of like that.
It’s not like they put Mandela in the picture too. Now that would have been too much.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick