Former Flagstaff councilwoman to run for O’Halleran’s US House seat
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Former Flagstaff City Councilmember Eva Putzova announced that she plans to run for a seat in the House of Representatives in the 2020 election.
The Arizona Daily Sun reports Putzova filed paperwork Wednesday with the Federal Elections Commission stating she plans to run to represent Congressional District 1 on the Democratic ticket.
The seat in Congress representing Congressional District 1 currently is held by Democratic Congressman Tom O’Halleran, who won his second term during the last election.
O’Halleran spokesman Cody Uhing could not speak to whether or not the congressman would be seeking a third term.
Putzova says she has not spoken to O’Halleran about her decision to run, but also was quick to say she does not see her campaign as a challenge to O’Halleran.
Putzova just completed her four-year term on city council.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Flagstaff breaks one-day record as snow blankets high country
- Flagstaff airport shuts down as visibility hits ‘zero’ because of snow
- Snow buries northern Arizona, wreaking havoc on roadways
- Feds: Coast Guard lieutenant compiled hit list of lawmakers
- Schools, state agencies brace for snow deluge in northern Arizona