Elderly woman pronounced dead in south Phoenix house fire
PHOENIX — A woman’s body was found in a house fire in south Phoenix early on Saturday morning.
The house was destroyed by the fire and fire officials confirmed that an elderly woman was caught in the blaze and pronounced dead.
The fire took place near the corner of 15th Avenue and Broadway Road.
On Saturday, the woman was identified as 64-year-old Maria Corona.
Officials said that an investigation was ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona experts warn of increased fire danger after heavy rains
- Fire crews from three cities control Phoenix house fire
- Mother, daughter killed, man seriously injured in Phoenix car crash
- 7 injured in Phoenix accident involving 2 semis, dump truck
- ‘The Lucky Ones’ — A look into the busiest fire station in Phoenix