North Phoenix water main break could impact traffic for days
PHOENIX — A water main break in north Phoenix could cause days of headaches for drivers, police announced Friday.
The break near Seventh Avenue and Deer Valley Road covered a large portion of the roadway during the early morning hours, completely blocking traffic.
Seventh Avenue is closed in both directions between Deer Valley Road and Melinda Lane.
Sgt. Armando Carbajal said in an email that extensive damage from the break could cause sinkholes in the road, but added that he has not yet been informed of any.
There was no cause for the main break.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix kidnapping suspect to face more charges after victim dies
- Man accused of threatening, intimidating at a Phoenix mosque
- Here are the best Irish pubs in the Valley to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Silver Alert canceled for 77-year-old Phoenix man with dementia
- Phoenix mosque leader condemns ideologies of New Zealand shooter