North Phoenix water main break could impact traffic for days
PHOENIX — A water main break in north Phoenix could cause days of headaches for drivers, police announced Friday.
The break near Seventh Avenue and Deer Valley Road covered a large portion of the roadway during the early morning hours, completely blocking traffic.
Seventh Avenue is closed in both directions between Deer Valley Road and Melinda Lane.
Sgt. Armando Carbajal said in an email that extensive damage from the break could cause sinkholes in the road, but added that he has not yet been informed of any.
There was no cause for the main break.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 2-year-old transported to hospital after near drowning in Phoenix
- Phoenix ranks among top 20 cities where $100K goes the furthest
- Sad face: Arizona’s Grumpy Cat dies after illness at age 7
- City of Phoenix cracking down on people illegally dumping trash
- Harkins Theatres to honor Doris Day with metro Phoenix screenings