Inmate who escaped from Arizona jail found dead in Mexico
TUCSON, Ariz. – Authorities say an inmate who escaped from the Pima County jail in Tucson two weeks ago has been found dead in Mexico.
Details about the death of 30-year-old Luis Moreno weren’t immediately released Thursday.
County sheriff’s officials say Moreno escaped through the back dock outside of the jail’s kitchen on Dec. 28.
He was last seen running toward a wash near the detention complex.
Authorities say Moreno had turned himself in to face 30 days in jail for an outstanding DUI warrant the previous day.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Armed suspect dies after being shot by Tempe Police officer
- Peoria police shoot suspect during armed robbery response
- At the border, Trump moves closer to emergency declaration
- US Marshals make 182 arrests in Arizona operation targeting gangs
- Asylum seekers find it’s catch and can’t release fast enough