Inmate who escaped from Arizona jail found dead in Mexico
TUCSON, Ariz. – Authorities say an inmate who escaped from the Pima County jail in Tucson two weeks ago has been found dead in Mexico.
Details about the death of 30-year-old Luis Moreno weren’t immediately released Thursday.
County sheriff’s officials say Moreno escaped through the back dock outside of the jail’s kitchen on Dec. 28.
He was last seen running toward a wash near the detention complex.
Authorities say Moreno had turned himself in to face 30 days in jail for an outstanding DUI warrant the previous day.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Police release ID of suspect in fatal Phoenix party shooting
- Suspect in custody after 2 killed, 4 injured in shooting at Phoenix house
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey touts 2018 surge in trade with Mexico, Canada
- North Carolina man wanted in wife’s death caught in Arizona
- Interstate 10 widening south of Phoenix won’t include median barriers