80,000-pound concrete truck crashes, closes highway in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — Talk about a mess.
A 80,000-pound concrete truck rolled over on a freeway in the Phoenix area, closing it and bringing traffic to a halt Thursday morning.
The Interstate 10 westbound at Queen Creek Road in Chandler was closed around 8 a.m. after the truck rolled over and blocked the entire highway, spilling concrete.
The driver of the truck had minor injuries, an Arizona Department of Public Safety tweet said.
Drivers were using an on ramp to get around the accident, but long delays were in place.
The I-10 was reopened before 10:30 a.m.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- MCSO deputy in serious condition after being hit by vehicle
- Former CEO pleads guilty to fentanyl spray kickback scheme
- Fiery wreck shuts down part of I-10 in southeastern Arizona
- Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek ends annual peach festival after 22 years
- Metro Phoenix saw some of nation’s biggest rent surges in 2018