80,000-pound concrete truck crashes, closes highway in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — Talk about a mess.
A 80,000-pound concrete truck rolled over on a freeway in the Phoenix area, closing it and bringing traffic to a halt Thursday morning.
The Interstate 10 westbound at Queen Creek Road in Chandler was closed around 8 a.m. after the truck rolled over and blocked the entire highway, spilling concrete.
The driver of the truck had minor injuries, an Arizona Department of Public Safety tweet said.
Drivers were using an on ramp to get around the accident, but long delays were in place.
The I-10 was reopened before 10:30 a.m.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Expect heavy delays for I-10 closure in west Phoenix this weekend
- Chandler ranked among top cities where $50K goes the furthest
- Chandler firefighters learn how to better respond to mental health calls
- Interstate 10 widening south of Phoenix won’t include median barriers
- Regional agency names this road as the Valley’s most littered freeway