Police identify man killed in convenience store shooting
PHOENIX — Mesa Police identified the man killed in a Sunday morning shooting at a Z’s Convenience Store on Wednesday.
Jose Alcarez-Hernandez, 54, died in the shooting that police said may have been the result of a robbery gone bad.
The second shooting victim was hospitalized in serious condition.
Police said they have not identified him due to safety concerns.
Police said they were working to identify and locate those responsible for the shooting.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Former Mesa coach accused of sexual contact with underage female players
- Valley Metro to open 2 more miles of light rail in Mesa on Saturday
- Harkins Theatres to honor Doris Day with metro Phoenix screenings
- Large hangars, office space to be built on vacant land at Mesa airport
- Man accused of assaulting Phoenix officer in incident that led to Loop 202 closure