Arizona revenue agency to auction unclaimed gold, jewelry, baseball cards
PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Revenue will hold a public auction Friday of unclaimed property from safe deposit boxes.
The auction starts at 11 a.m. at Sierra Auction, located at 3750 Grand Ave. in Phoenix.
There is also a catalog of items available for online bidding, which opens Wednesday at 8 a.m. and closes Sunday at 5 p.m.
Available items include gold coins, fine jewelry, baseball cards and vintage currency.
Proceeds from the items sold will be put into accounts that remain available to the items’ original owners.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Memorabilia from astronauts Armstrong, Glenn up for auction
- Scottsdale man pays $20 for storage-unit content, finds pricey antiques
- Arizona returns more than $60 million in unclaimed property in last year
- Thousands of Arizona businesses still haven’t renewed sales tax license
- Scottsdale home sells for $4.4 million at auction, $2 million under listing