Accident shuts down ramp on eastbound Interstate 10 in Tempe
PHOENIX – An accident shut down an on-ramp on Interstate 10 on the Phoenix-Tempe border early Thursday, backing up traffic during the commuter rush.
The eastbound wreck at Broadway Road happened around 5 a.m. and closed one lane. The stalled traffic snaked all the way to the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport exit.
No other details were immediately available.
The ramp reopened around 7 a.m.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) December 6, 2018
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Part of I-10 closed over weekend for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Phoenix Open expected to impact traffic in north Scottsdale this week
- Tanker leaks tar onto Interstate 17 in Phoenix, shuts down 7th Avenue ramp
- Closures on Loop 101, Interstate 10 planned over the weekend
- Rollover crash closes 48th Street near freeways in Tempe