CityScape to host vintage market, open ice skating rink on Black Friday
PHOENIX — Shoppers who want to skip the mall scene on Black Friday but still have gifts to buy — and perhaps have an itch for ice skating — might want to head to CityScape.
On the day after Thanksgiving, the downtown Phoenix retail development will host its Alternative Black Friday Vintage Market, debut its CitySkate rink for the season and hold a ceremony to light up the “Unity Tree.”
The market will be open in the area of Washington Street and Central Avenue from noon until 7 p.m., and the rink’s hours will be noon to 11 p.m.
More than two dozen local vendors will be ready to do business, displaying furniture, clothing and jewelry and other gifts.
The 30-foot Unity Tree, an interactive sculpture made of programmable LED lights visitors can change with the press of button, will be lit up in the center of the ice rink at 6 p.m.
The festivities will also include the arrival of Santa Claus at 3:30 p.m.
The rink will continue to open daily, including Christmas, until Jan. 6.
Santa will return every Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 23.
More information, including details about skating tickets and hours for skating and Santa’s visits, can be found at the CitySkate website.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Historic downtown Phoenix location reborn as high-rise apartments
- Roommates with a view: X Phoenix high-rise to offer shared rentals
- At a downtown Phoenix center, the tables are turning for people with HIV
- WeWork to open coworking space in downtown Phoenix, fourth in 2019
- Cinco de Mayo block party with Lil Jon coming to downtown Phoenix