Fatal wreck shuts down part of eastbound US 60 in Mesa
PHOENIX — One person was killed in a crash on U.S. 60 in Mesa early Friday, shutting down lanes in one direction.
Highway authorities said the hit-and-run closed the road eastbound at Higley Road around 4:30 a.m.
Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Kameron Lee said the driver of flatbed truck was ejected from the vehicle after the truck rolled over. The driver was hit by another truck.
The second truck never stopped.
The Greenfield Road on-ramp was closed a little later.
The freeway was reopened shortly before 11 a.m.
Authorities are looking for a dark blue or black 2001-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe or GMC Yukon with damage to its right side and undercarriage.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Arizona Department of Public Safety at 602-223-2212.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Fatal wrong-way crash shuts down westbound I-40 near Kingman
- Mesa foster parent accused of molesting 4 of his adopted daughters
- Ground broken on $300M community in Mesa called ‘future of senior living’
- Former Mesa coach accused of sexual contact with underage female players
- Watch out for Interstate 10 restrictions in the Valley this weekend