No Phoenix-area freeway closures planned for Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX – Valley motorists won’t have to worry about freeway closures over Veterans Day weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announce Thursday that it wasn’t planning any projects that would require shutting down Phoenix-area highways through Monday.
With NASCAR races taking place Friday through Sunday at the remodeled ISM Raceway, traffic could be heavy in the vicinity of the Avondale track.
ADOT offers several ways to keep tabs on traffic in the Valley.
ADOT also has a free app available that provides alerts about major traffic events.
In addition, motorists can sign up for email and text message updates at the ADOT website.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- ADOT offering temporary IDs online for drivers with suspended licenses
- Watch out for Interstate 10 restrictions in the Valley this weekend
- Online voting underway for 15 finalists in ADOT safety message contest
- Pecos Road intersection closing for 4 months for freeway construction
- 10 miles of Loop 202 in East Valley to close this weekend for paving