No Phoenix-area freeway closures planned for Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX – Valley motorists won’t have to worry about freeway closures over Veterans Day weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announce Thursday that it wasn’t planning any projects that would require shutting down Phoenix-area highways through Monday.
With NASCAR races taking place Friday through Sunday at the remodeled ISM Raceway, traffic could be heavy in the vicinity of the Avondale track.
ADOT offers several ways to keep tabs on traffic in the Valley.
ADOT also has a free app available that provides alerts about major traffic events.
In addition, motorists can sign up for email and text message updates at the ADOT website.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- If you must drive in Arizona’s winter storm, be prepared for the worst
- Snow buries northern Arizona, wreaking havoc on roadways
- Arizona officials postpone Loop 101 closure in north Phoenix due to rain
- Arizona MVD ‘safe selfie’ stations warn new drivers about ID theft
- Parts of Loop 101, Interstate 10 closed this weekend