No Phoenix-area freeway closures planned for Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX – Valley motorists won’t have to worry about freeway closures over Veterans Day weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announce Thursday that it wasn’t planning any projects that would require shutting down Phoenix-area highways through Monday.
With NASCAR races taking place Friday through Sunday at the remodeled ISM Raceway, traffic could be heavy in the vicinity of the Avondale track.
ADOT offers several ways to keep tabs on traffic in the Valley.
ADOT also has a free app available that provides alerts about major traffic events.
In addition, motorists can sign up for email and text message updates at the ADOT website.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Lawmaker proposes repeal of new $32 vehicle-registration fee
- ADOT: No weekend freeway closures, part of Pecos Road closed
- Accident shuts down ramp on eastbound Interstate 10 in Tempe
- I-10 westbound traffic near Eloy diverted as safety project progresses
- No weekend construction closures planned for Phoenix freeways