No Phoenix-area freeway closures planned for Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX – Valley motorists won’t have to worry about freeway closures over Veterans Day weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announce Thursday that it wasn’t planning any projects that would require shutting down Phoenix-area highways through Monday.
With NASCAR races taking place Friday through Sunday at the remodeled ISM Raceway, traffic could be heavy in the vicinity of the Avondale track.
ADOT offers several ways to keep tabs on traffic in the Valley.
ADOT also has a free app available that provides alerts about major traffic events.
In addition, motorists can sign up for email and text message updates at the ADOT website.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Part of I-10 closed over weekend for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Suspect who eluded authorities after Chandler shooting has been arrested
- 13-year-old boy killed in single-vehicle rollover on Loop 101
- A little rain, a little fog roll into eastern parts of metro Phoenix
- Busy Tempe intersection closed after accident with police vehicle