Dave Ramsey says: Mom questions continuing dental insurance for kids
Should I keep buying dental insurance for my kids, or is it just a gimmick?
Dental insurance is one of those things where it’s easy to see that the payout is greater than the return.
We’ve had dental insurance proposed to us at my company several times as an employee benefit, but when you add up what you pay for it, you’ll find you rarely spend that much on dentistry.
In many cases, I advise self-insuring for dental care.
Now, there is a dental discount company I highly recommend called 1Dental.com. This kind of thing is worth it.
As a member, you get discounted rates on dental work when you visit an in-network provider. I’ve gotten to know the folks behind this organization, too, and they’re great people.
Hope this helps, Brenda!
- Dave Ramsey says: Emergency fund is protection rather than investment
- Dave Ramsey says: Debt-free couple doing right things to buy house
- Dave Ramsey says: Build emergency fund, turn down home warranty
- Dave Ramsey says: How to work your way through the Baby Steps plan
- Dave Ramsey says: Show parents lessons learned since borrowing money