AP Fashion Writer
PARIS (AP) – When fashion editors put down their pens halfway through a catwalk show, it’s always cause for concern.
This was the case at Hedi Slimane’s disappointing debut at Yves Saint Laurent _ a rather confused ode to excess that used fringing, leather, lacing, feathers, sequins, pendants, skinny menswear tailoring, baggy pants, capes, pendants and almost everything under the sun.
Monday’s spring-summer 2013 show had a gaucho feel and was served in unflattering, floppy Stetson hats _ that sometimes blocked out the models’ faces.
The pressure on the former Dior Homme designer Slimane _ who was appointed in March _ must have been huge.
World media have pitted Slimane in a battle of designers against Christian Dior’s new man, Raf Simons, who was appointed a month later.
Here Slimane tried to impress with the no-holds-barred approach _ but it may have given the upper hand to his rival.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona