AP Fashion Writer
PARIS (AP) – When fashion editors put down their pens halfway through a catwalk show, it’s always cause for concern.
This was the case at Hedi Slimane’s disappointing debut at Yves Saint Laurent _ a rather confused ode to excess that used fringing, leather, lacing, feathers, sequins, pendants, skinny menswear tailoring, baggy pants, capes, pendants and almost everything under the sun.
Monday’s spring-summer 2013 show had a gaucho feel and was served in unflattering, floppy Stetson hats _ that sometimes blocked out the models’ faces.
The pressure on the former Dior Homme designer Slimane _ who was appointed in March _ must have been huge.
World media have pitted Slimane in a battle of designers against Christian Dior’s new man, Raf Simons, who was appointed a month later.
Here Slimane tried to impress with the no-holds-barred approach _ but it may have given the upper hand to his rival.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon