Arrest made in fatal hit-and-run involving bicyclist in Glendale
PHOENIX – A suspect in a fatal hit-and-run involving a van and a bicyclist earlier this year in Glendale has been arrested, authorities said Wednesday.
Margarito Valencia Rodriguez, 39, was arrested this month on one count of leaving the scene of an accident causing death plus misdemeanor counts of providing a false name and driving on a suspended license.
On March 29, 32-year-old Cleon Baker was riding a bicycle near 48th Avenue and Camelback Road when he was struck by a Ford Econoline van, which fled the scene.
Baker died on April 30 because of complications from the injuries he suffered in the accident.
The van was captured on surveillance footage, which was released to the media.
Glendale Police Department investigators were able to identify Rodriguez as the driver with the help of anonymous tips, according to a city of Glendale press release.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Churroholic opens 2nd Arizona location in Tempe Marketplace
- West Valley man arrested for 2016 homicide of 18-month-old child
- Glendale police release sketch of man suspected of attempted kidnapping
- 3-month-old girl dies after falling into pool in Glendale
- Suspect arrested in Glendale hit-and-run that seriously injured boy