Arrest made in fatal hit-and-run involving bicyclist in Glendale
PHOENIX – A suspect in a fatal hit-and-run involving a van and a bicyclist earlier this year in Glendale has been arrested, authorities said Wednesday.
Margarito Valencia Rodriguez, 39, was arrested this month on one count of leaving the scene of an accident causing death plus misdemeanor counts of providing a false name and driving on a suspended license.
On March 29, 32-year-old Cleon Baker was riding a bicycle near 48th Avenue and Camelback Road when he was struck by a Ford Econoline van, which fled the scene.
Baker died on April 30 because of complications from the injuries he suffered in the accident.
The van was captured on surveillance footage, which was released to the media.
Glendale Police Department investigators were able to identify Rodriguez as the driver with the help of anonymous tips, according to a city of Glendale press release.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Buckeye paramedic arrested in burglary of department gear, drugs
- 1 killed, 3 injured in hit-and-run crash in central Phoenix
- Legally Speaking: Will FBI make a difference in Glendale stun gun case?
- Phoenix-area city kicks off partnership with Maricopa Ambulance
- County attorney asks FBI to review Glendale PD stun gun incident