Phoenix officer seriously injured in car accident early Wednesday
PHOENIX — A Phoenix officer was seriously injured after being involved in a car accident in southwest Phoenix early Wednesday morning.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department said the officer was driving westbound on Durango Street in the area of 31st Avenue when a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction turned in front of the motorcycle.
The officer suffered serious injuries, but they “do not appear to be life threatening at this time,” Thompson said.
The officer was not identified.
Durango Street has been reopened in both directions.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Freezing cold, rain to revisit Phoenix, big snowfall to hit northern Arizona
- Woman says she pulled daughter out of Hacienda after sex assault
- Phoenix’s Pot of Gold festival offers refunds after Cardi B cancels
- Phoenix-area drivers face morning fog after light but steady rainfall
- Maricopa County denies reviewing evidence in Glendale stun gun case