Phoenix officer seriously injured in car accident early Wednesday
PHOENIX — A Phoenix officer was seriously injured after being involved in a car accident in southwest Phoenix early Wednesday morning.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department said the officer was driving westbound on Durango Street in the area of 31st Avenue when a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction turned in front of the motorcycle.
The officer suffered serious injuries, but they “do not appear to be life threatening at this time,” Thompson said.
The officer was not identified.
Durango Street has been reopened in both directions.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Woman arrested after boyfriend found beaten to death in Phoenix home
- Stanton responds to union claim that inaction as mayor led to robbery
- Victims identified after small plane crashes into Payson home
- Sears files for bankruptcy, will close 3 stores in Phoenix area, 142 across US
- A little more rain predicted to spray Phoenix area this week