Phoenix officer seriously injured in car accident early Wednesday
PHOENIX — A Phoenix officer was seriously injured after being involved in a car accident in southwest Phoenix early Wednesday morning.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department said the officer was driving westbound on Durango Street in the area of 31st Avenue when a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction turned in front of the motorcycle.
The officer suffered serious injuries, but they “do not appear to be life threatening at this time,” Thompson said.
The officer was not identified.
Durango Street has been reopened in both directions.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Motorcyclist killed by impaired driver in Phoenix crash
- Report: Arizona medical helicopter was going fast before fatal 2015 crash
- Phoenix residents buy gates to block alleys — with city’s blessing
- Phoenix police can now crowdsource evidence of crimes from residents
- 45 dogs and cats needing medical attention seized from Phoenix shelter