This case takes us to the Circle K at 12th Street and Indian School Road in Phoenix on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018 at about 10 p.m.
Rothschild says this case wasn’t your typical convenience store robbery.
“There are a couple of things that jump off the page on this one. It was a lone female doing the robbery. She’s wearing distinctive clothing and she uses a note to rob a convenience store.”
Here’s how it went down. The woman, wearing a straw hat and carrying a large cloth bag, walked in.
“She passed a note to the clerk and said if the clerk didn’t give her cigarettes and liquor, she’d cut the next customer that came in,” Rothschild says.
“Then she actually showed the clerk a knife.”
Read more about the crime.
You just never know who’s watching you. A pair of 20-year-old women were robbed just before midnight on Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild says it happened near 107th Avenue and Indian School Road.
“And our two victims went to an ATM and completed a transaction then went over to the car wash. As they were washing the car, they were approached by a suspect with a gun.
“He said he knew they’d just been to the ATM and he wanted their money.”
Then things got worse.
“He actually struck one of the women with the gun and then took off in a red Dodge Avenger,” Rothschild says.
Here’s more about the crime.
Arizona's Morning News
- Phoenix Police looking for information on fatal hit-and-run Saturday
- Woman in critical condition after motorcycle crash, possible hit and run
- Bar customers hold on to suspect in fatal Phoenix-area shooting
- Phoenix police investigate nighttime attack, daylight store robbery
- Phoenix Police arrest man who allegedly stole dog, set garage on fire