This case takes us to the Circle K at 12th Street and Indian School Road in Phoenix on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018 at about 10 p.m.
Rothschild says this case wasn’t your typical convenience store robbery.
“There are a couple of things that jump off the page on this one. It was a lone female doing the robbery. She’s wearing distinctive clothing and she uses a note to rob a convenience store.”
Here’s how it went down. The woman, wearing a straw hat and carrying a large cloth bag, walked in.
“She passed a note to the clerk and said if the clerk didn’t give her cigarettes and liquor, she’d cut the next customer that came in,” Rothschild says.
“Then she actually showed the clerk a knife.”
Read more about the crime.
You just never know who’s watching you. A pair of 20-year-old women were robbed just before midnight on Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild says it happened near 107th Avenue and Indian School Road.
“And our two victims went to an ATM and completed a transaction then went over to the car wash. As they were washing the car, they were approached by a suspect with a gun.
“He said he knew they’d just been to the ATM and he wanted their money.”
Then things got worse.
“He actually struck one of the women with the gun and then took off in a red Dodge Avenger,” Rothschild says.
Here’s more about the crime.
Arizona's Morning News
- Phoenix police officer lends helping hand to burglary victim
- 18-year-old shoplifting suspect found dead in Casa Grande jail cell
- West Valley man arrested for 2016 homicide of 18-month-old child
- Scottsdale man accused of beating, torturing girlfriend in ‘sex dungeon’
- Gilbert police arrest suspect in assault of developmentally challenged woman