Statue of ‘Friday the 13th’ killer removed from Lake Pleasant
PHOENIX — Imagine you dive into the depths of Lake Pleasant. You see something in the distance and swim up to see what it is.
Suddenly it comes into view — a statue of serial killer Jason Voorhees from the “Friday the 13th” movies, standing alone on the bottom of the lake.
Luckily you’ll no longer have to worry, as the statue placed there by diver Zachary Nagy seems to be gone.
A YouTube video showing divers posing with the statue brought in over 35,000 views and became popular in a Reddit thread.
The video’s caption from Sept. 23 says the statue is “currently being considered for removal by the Parks Department after being deemed litter.”
Fans of the statue started an online petition to ask the Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department to keep the statue underwater.
A spokesman for the department said last week that the statue has been removed, but they are not sure by whom.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- YouTube mom’s 2 adult sons will not be charged in Maricopa abuse case
- Arizona mom pleads not guilty to abusing kids for YouTube fame
- Arizona YouTube mom faces 30 charges for abusing 5 kids
- The Amazon Echo is cool, but it’s much cooler when fire is involved
- At least four hurt, suspect dead in shooting at YouTube headquarters