Snickers rated most popular Halloween candy in Arizona
PHOENIX — With Halloween just around the corner, the National Retail Federation estimates about $9 billion will be spent on candy for the holiday.
Arizona’s most popular Halloween candy is Snickers, according to a state-by state study from CandyStore.com.
The blog gathered data from 2007-2017, looking at months prior to Halloween and determined the best sellers of candy in all states.
The data is determined by pounds eaten of each state, showing Snickers at 956,333 pounds in the Grand Canyon state. Hot Tamales (766,617 pounds) and Hershey Kisses (502,310 pounds) came in at second and third place.
Snickers is the fifth most popular candy overall, according to the website. Skittles came in as the top candy, most popular in California at 1,620,736 pounds.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Driver arrested after deadly rollover crash in Phoenix
- Heavy snow and rain expected to hit northern Arizona this week
- 364 DUI arrests made in Arizona over Halloween holiday weekend
- Valley woman arrested for allegedly driving drunk with kids on Halloween
- Maricopa County works to keep trick-or-treaters safe for Halloween