South Carolina murder suspect arrested in Phoenix area
LEXINGTON, S.C. – South Carolina authorities say a man suspected in the fatal shooting of another man last month has been arrested in Arizona.
Lexington County Sheriff Jay Koon told The State newspaper that 26-year-old Jamal Devontae Coburn was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals on Wednesday in a suburb of Phoenix. The sheriff’s department had tracked Coburn to the Glendale area.
Koon says in a statement that Coburn was arrested on a murder charge in the Aug. 24 shooting of 27-year-old Corey Jamison.
The sheriff’s department has said that Jamison was found dead at an apartment complex in West Columbia, South Carolina. Investigators have not provided any information on a possible motive.
Coburn awaits extradition from Maricopa County. It is unclear if he has a lawyer who could comment.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Scottsdale man pays $20 for storage-unit content, finds pricey antiques
- Switch to LED streetlights earns Glendale $505K rebate
- Fatal wreck shuts down Loop 101 North on-ramp in Glendale
- Arrest made in fatal hit-and-run involving bicyclist in Glendale
- Man cleared in Detroit deaths pleads guilty to Arizona firearm charge