LONDON (AP) – Two giant pandas on loan to a Scottish zoo are back on public display after they were removed to be treated for colic.
Edinburgh Zoo officials say male panda Yang Guang, diagnosed with the condition earlier this month, is recovering steadily.
They added Monday that the female, Tian Tian, is much better after she, too, fell ill with the same condition on Saturday.
Zoo vet Romain Pizzi said colic is common in giant pandas, which have sensitive digestive systems. He said it is likely that the 8-year-old pandas are just adapting to eating different bamboo than what they were used to.
The animals _ whose names mean Sunshine and Sweetie _ arrived from China in December, and are the first pandas to live in Britain in nearly two decades.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development