Silver Alert canceled after 77-year-old Mesa man found safe
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert was canceled after a 77-year-old man who went missing from his Mesa home on Wednesday morning was found safe.
William “Bill” Bynum had been last seen leaving his home in the area of Southern Avenue and Ellsworth Road around 10:50 a.m.
He was located not far from home in the afternoon. Authorities, who canceled the alert around 4:30 p.m., said he was disoriented and dehydrated but was otherwise in good condition.
He left home on foot and did not have his wallet or cellphone on him.
Officers said Bynum can be social “unless he realized he is lost.” He also suffers from Alzheimer’s and has high blood pressure. He did not have his medication with him.
Bynum also has difficulty speaking and may be hard to understand.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Man arrested in connection to murder of Mesa grocery store employee
- Fatal wreck shuts down part of eastbound US 60 in Mesa
- Silver Alert canceled after ailing 85-year-old Surprise man found safe
- Authorities find missing Green Valley man safe; Silver Alert canceled
- 2 arrested for kidnapping couple, murdering woman in Phoenix hotel