Silver Alert canceled after 77-year-old Mesa man found safe
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert was canceled after a 77-year-old man who went missing from his Mesa home on Wednesday morning was found safe.
William “Bill” Bynum had been last seen leaving his home in the area of Southern Avenue and Ellsworth Road around 10:50 a.m.
He was located not far from home in the afternoon. Authorities, who canceled the alert around 4:30 p.m., said he was disoriented and dehydrated but was otherwise in good condition.
He left home on foot and did not have his wallet or cellphone on him.
Officers said Bynum can be social “unless he realized he is lost.” He also suffers from Alzheimer’s and has high blood pressure. He did not have his medication with him.
Bynum also has difficulty speaking and may be hard to understand.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Elderly man arrested in Phoenix-area bank robbery fled halfway house
- Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving
- Convicted murderer quiet on why he killed wife, daughters
- Phoenix police still searching for 2 men who have been missing for years
- Man arrested in connection to murder of Mesa grocery store employee