Fugitive Phoenix man suspected of murdering wife caught near LA
PHOENIX — Officials with the Phoenix Police Department said a fugitive 69-year-old man who was suspected of murdering his wife has been arrested in California.
Derek Minor was taken into custody in Santa Monica, California, and was awaiting extradition, Phoenix Sgt. Tommy Thompson said Wednesday in an email to KTAR News 92.3 FM.
Minor fled Arizona after he was named the prime suspect in the death of 54-year-old Cynthia Minor. Her body was found in an apartment near Osborn Road and 24th Street on Sept. 6.
Cynthia Minor had been reported missing in Scottsdale earlier that day. Police believed she had gone back to the couple’s apartment to get her belongings.
The Minors were in the process of separating.
Police haven’t released any other specifics in the case, including the cause of death.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Ashley Flood contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Rep. Ruben Gallego rules out 2020 Senate run after months of speculation
- Arizona woman among 3 killed in New Mexico car crash
- Patients at 2 closed Valley hospitals have until June to request records
- Hawaii officials request $4.3 million for housing prisoners in Arizona
- Company: Rosemont Mine plan’s OK finishes permitting process