Police still searching for Phoenix man suspected of murdering wife
PHOENIX — Officials with the Phoenix Police Department are still searching for a 69-year-old man who was suspected of murdering his wife earlier this month.
Derek Minor was named as the suspect in the murder of his wife, 54-year-old Cynthia Minor, after her body was found in an apartment near Osborn Road and 24th Street on Sept. 6.
Cynthia Minor was reported missing in Scottsdale earlier that day. Police believe she had gone back to the apartment, which the couple used to share, to get her belongings.
The couple was in the process of separating when Cynthia Minor’s body was found.
“Detectives have developed probable cause to arrest Derek Minor if they can locate him,” Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson told KTAR News 92.3 FM on Sept. 7.
Derek Minor was last seen driving an orange 2008 Honda Element.
Police did not release any other specifics in the case, including the cause of death.
Anyone with information about Cynthia Minor’s death or Derek Minor’s whereabouts was asked to contact Phoenix Police at 602-262-6141 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Ashley Flood contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Officials to kick off expansion process on I-10 between Phoenix, Casa Grande
- Phoenix intersection reopens after sinkhole causes weeks-long closure
- Arizona native David Spade to perform on Copper Blues Live opening day
- Pomo Pizzeria in downtown Phoenix to reopen with new look, menu
- Kyrsten Sinema outraises Martha McSally in US Senate race