Crash slows traffic on Interstate 10 in downtown Phoenix for hours
PHOENIX — A crash forced lane closures on Interstate 10 during morning rush hour in downtown Phoenix on Friday, backing up traffic for miles, officials said.
The accident in eastbound lanes of the Deck Park Tunnel closed the Seventh Avenue on-ramp around 6 a.m., eventually backing up traffic past 59th Avenue.
The road was down to two lanes, plus the HOV lane inside the tunnel before reopening in full about three hours later.
The Arizona Department of Transportation didn’t have an estimate for the ramp reopening.
There were no reports of injuries.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- How an ADOT program attracts women and minorities
- Valley Metro bus involved in Phoenix crash that injured 1
- Eastbound I-10 will close between 67th and 51st avenues this weekend
- Arizona court again upholds $30M jury award for death in pursuit crash
- Multiple people injured in school bus rollover crash in West Valley