Crash slows traffic on Interstate 10 in downtown Phoenix for hours
PHOENIX — A crash forced lane closures on Interstate 10 during morning rush hour in downtown Phoenix on Friday, backing up traffic for miles, officials said.
The accident in eastbound lanes of the Deck Park Tunnel closed the Seventh Avenue on-ramp around 6 a.m., eventually backing up traffic past 59th Avenue.
The road was down to two lanes, plus the HOV lane inside the tunnel before reopening in full about three hours later.
The Arizona Department of Transportation didn’t have an estimate for the ramp reopening.
There were no reports of injuries.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Loop 101 closure, I-10 restriction planned this weekend
- If you must drive in Arizona’s winter storm, be prepared for the worst
- Snow buries northern Arizona, wreaking havoc on roadways
- Phoenix officer injured in East Valley highway crash
- Arizona officials postpone Loop 101 closure in north Phoenix due to rain