Crash slows traffic on Interstate 10 in downtown Phoenix for hours
PHOENIX — A crash forced lane closures on Interstate 10 during morning rush hour in downtown Phoenix on Friday, backing up traffic for miles, officials said.
The accident in eastbound lanes of the Deck Park Tunnel closed the Seventh Avenue on-ramp around 6 a.m., eventually backing up traffic past 59th Avenue.
The road was down to two lanes, plus the HOV lane inside the tunnel before reopening in full about three hours later.
The Arizona Department of Transportation didn’t have an estimate for the ramp reopening.
There were no reports of injuries.
KTAR News 92.3
- Loop 303 northwest of Phoenix near Cactus Road reopens
- I-10 near downtown Phoenix to undergo restrictions this weekend
- ADOT responds to musical motorist with warning about unsafe sax
- Homeless veterans can now get free Arizona driver’s license, ID card
- Baby delivered after Phoenix-bound bus crash dies, family says