Suspect arrested after man found dead in Phoenix barbershop
PHOENIX — A man has been arrested in connection to a murder in a Phoenix-area barbershop, authorities said Friday.
The 32-year-old suspect, whose name has not been released, shot and killed 26 year-old Anthony Navarro at a barbershop located in the area of 3000 W. McDowell Road at approximately 5:12 p.m. on Thursday.
Navarro was pronounced dead at the scene, while the suspect fled on foot.
Phoenix police were able to pinpoint the suspect’s house in the area of 4500 W. Myrtle Avenue in Glendale later in the night.
A search warrant was served and the suspect was taken into custody where he required medical attention not related to the shooting or his arrest.
The suspect is at a local hospital in police custody and will booked in to the Maricopa County Jail and charged for the murder of Navarro after his release from the hospital.
The suspect’s name will be released once he is formally booked.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Officer-involved shooting leaves one man dead in Phoenix
- 29-year-old man dies after apparent hit-and-run in Phoenix
- Lawyers plead not guilty for suspect in DPS trooper’s fatal shooting
- Suspect remains on the loose after man killed in Phoenix shooting