Suspect is in custody after triple homicide in Maricopa County
PHOENIX — A suspect was in custody after a triple homicide Thursday night in northwest Maricopa County, authorities said Friday.
Hermelindo Sanchez was booked into the Maricopa Sheriff’s Office 4th Avenue Jail on three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of endangerment.
According to a tweet from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, the shooting in Wittmann was reported around 9:30 p.m.
Three adult males were confirmed dead at a residence in the area of Poplar and Myers streets.
No other information was immediately available.
Wittman is located along U.S. 60, around 35 miles northwest of downtown Phoenix and 20 miles southeast of Wickenburg.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- As summer nears end, no child, pet in Maricopa County has died in hot cars
- 6-year-old hospitalized after wounded in Phoenix shooting, police say
- 4 people injured in shooting at business in Madison suburb
- Maricopa County elections chief: No guarantees November will go smoothly
- Appeals court declines hearing over overhaul of Arpaio’s internal affairs