Suspect is in custody after triple homicide in Maricopa County
PHOENIX — A suspect was in custody after a triple homicide Thursday night in northwest Maricopa County, authorities said Friday.
Hermelindo Sanchez was booked into the Maricopa Sheriff’s Office 4th Avenue Jail on three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of endangerment.
According to a tweet from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, the shooting in Wittmann was reported around 9:30 p.m.
Three adult males were confirmed dead at a residence in the area of Poplar and Myers streets.
No other information was immediately available.
Wittman is located along U.S. 60, around 35 miles northwest of downtown Phoenix and 20 miles southeast of Wickenburg.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Maricopa County rescue team pulls man out of 100-foot mine shaft
- Maricopa County has highest inbound net migration over the last five years
- A little more rain predicted to spray Phoenix area this week
- 4 men killed in shooting at child’s birthday party in Texas
- Man shot and killed in Laveen Village, suspect on the loose