Suspect is in custody after triple homicide in Maricopa County
PHOENIX — A suspect was in custody after a triple homicide Thursday night in northwest Maricopa County, authorities said Friday.
Hermelindo Sanchez was booked into the Maricopa Sheriff’s Office 4th Avenue Jail on three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of endangerment.
According to a tweet from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, the shooting in Wittmann was reported around 9:30 p.m.
Three adult males were confirmed dead at a residence in the area of Poplar and Myers streets.
No other information was immediately available.
Wittman is located along U.S. 60, around 35 miles northwest of downtown Phoenix and 20 miles southeast of Wickenburg.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Witness in Tempe police’s shooting of teen now unsure on details
- Tempe police body cam footage shows officer fatally shooting fleeing teen
- Suspect who eluded authorities after Chandler shooting has been arrested
- Armed suspect dies after being shot by Tempe Police officer
- Police: 1 dead, 5 hospitalized after shooting at Phoenix motel