No Tempe students injured after bus accident in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — No students were injured after a Tempe school district bus crashed on a highway in the Phoenix area on Thursday.
Jennifer Liewer with the Tempe Union High School District said in an email that a district bus was involved in a traffic accident near the Interstate 10/U.S. 60 interchange.
An Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesperson said in an email that the crash occurred between the bus and a commercial truck.
No injuries were reported among occupants of the truck.
The bus was carrying students on the way to a football scrimmage.
Liewer said the students were able to board another bus and continue to the event.
No further details were given.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Tempe police looking for man accused of attempted kidnapping
- 3 Tempe schools briefly placed on modified lockdown
- Scottsdale rated second-best city in country for retirement
- Son of Jean-Claude Van Damme pleads guilty in Tempe knife incident