No Tempe students injured after bus accident in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — No students were injured after a Tempe school district bus crashed on a highway in the Phoenix area on Thursday.
Jennifer Liewer with the Tempe Union High School District said in an email that a district bus was involved in a traffic accident near the Interstate 10/U.S. 60 interchange.
An Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesperson said in an email that the crash occurred between the bus and a commercial truck.
No injuries were reported among occupants of the truck.
The bus was carrying students on the way to a football scrimmage.
Liewer said the students were able to board another bus and continue to the event.
No further details were given.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Four Peaks Brewing set to kick off Oktoberfest at Tempe Town Lake
- Mattress Firm files for bankruptcy, will close 16 stores in Arizona
- Student at Phoenix-area high school arrested for having gun on campus
- Arizona woman pleads guilty in connection to Tempe mosque burglary
- Tempe tech campus has first tenant, despite opening date 2 years away