No Tempe students injured after bus accident in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — No students were injured after a Tempe school district bus crashed on a highway in the Phoenix area on Thursday.
Jennifer Liewer with the Tempe Union High School District said in an email that a district bus was involved in a traffic accident near the Interstate 10/U.S. 60 interchange.
An Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesperson said in an email that the crash occurred between the bus and a commercial truck.
No injuries were reported among occupants of the truck.
The bus was carrying students on the way to a football scrimmage.
Liewer said the students were able to board another bus and continue to the event.
No further details were given.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona school lunches won’t change after feds scale back regulations
- When it comes to credit card burden, Phoenix is about average
- Floating islands placed in Tempe park to improve water, habitat quality
- Waymo officially sends driverless service into Phoenix area
- Megabus pulls plug on service between Phoenix area, Las Vegas