Arizona troopers pull over speeder, find marijuana, unbuckled baby in car
PHOENIX – A speeding driver was arrested after a Phoenix freeway chase that led to the discovery of marijuana and an unbuckled baby in his car.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials said Vidal Ruvalcaba, 32, wouldn’t pull over after he was spotted speeding by a trooper on Loop 202 near 32nd Street on Saturday.
Troopers began pursuit of Ruvalcaba and eventually spiked the vehicle’s tires near State Route 51 close to Glendale Avenue.
That forced Ruvalcaba to bring the car to a halt.
The baby was uninjured.
Ruvalcaba was arrested on suspicion of felony flight, endangerment, possession of marijuana and an outstanding warrant.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Hacienda sexual assault suspect appeals HIV testing order
- 9 Arizona law enforcement officers to ride bikes 250 miles for charity
- Reversing trend, traffic stops by Maricopa County deputies are on rise
- Caught on video: Mesa officer, 2 MCSO deputies rammed by car
- Officers in Phoenix fatally shoot suspect after struggle with weapon