Arizona troopers pull over speeder, find marijuana, unbuckled baby in car
PHOENIX – A speeding driver was arrested after a Phoenix freeway chase that led to the discovery of marijuana and an unbuckled baby in his car.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials said Vidal Ruvalcaba, 32, wouldn’t pull over after he was spotted speeding by a trooper on Loop 202 near 32nd Street on Saturday.
Troopers began pursuit of Ruvalcaba and eventually spiked the vehicle’s tires near State Route 51 close to Glendale Avenue.
That forced Ruvalcaba to bring the car to a halt.
The baby was uninjured.
Ruvalcaba was arrested on suspicion of felony flight, endangerment, possession of marijuana and an outstanding warrant.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Canadian winter visitors should brush up on Arizona’s marijuana laws
- Arizona highway trooper on motorcycle injured in collision
- Suspect in shooting of 7 officers bragged about gun skills
- Rain makes Phoenix freeways a little more hazardous than usual
- Traffic stop leads to drug bust haul of 191 pounds of marijuana near Phoenix