11-year-old girl dies after near drowning in Tempe pool
PHOENIX — An 11-year-old girl who was found at the bottom of a pool in Tempe earlier this month has died.
Det. Lily Duran with the Tempe Police Department said in an email that the girl was “surrounded by her family and friends” when she died.
The girl, who was not identified, was found unresponsive at a residential pool in the area of McClintock Drive and Baseline Road on Aug. 1.
She was found by her family. The family, who was from California, had rented the house for the week.
No further information was released.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Mark Carlson and Ashley Flood contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Tempe man among 5 former Michigan priests charged with sex crimes
- 2-year-old transported to hospital after near drowning in Phoenix
- 3-month-old girl dies after falling into pool in Glendale
- Deadly crash closes US 60 westbound at Loop 101 in Tempe during rush hour
- Hines to open 2 more self-storage facilities in the Valley