JERUSALEM (AP) – A day after sealing a deal with Russia on securing Syria’s chemical weapons stockpiles, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss the agreement.
Netanyahu says Israel hopes the plan will lead to the destruction of Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal.
During Kerry’s brief stopover Sunday in Jerusalem, the two men are also talking about developments in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. Kerry met last week in London with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and has wanted to see both men before the annual U.N. General Assembly session later this month.
Kerry travels next to Paris for discussions about Syria on Monday with French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius (loh-RAHN’ FAH’-bee-yus) and British Foreign Secretary William Hague. Kerry will also see the Saudi foreign minister.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon