Silver Alert canceled for previously missing 81-year-old man
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert has been canceled after a previously missing 81-year-old man with dementia was found safe and returned to his family.
According to the Tempe Police Department, Longinos (Lonnie) Espinoza had last been seen near McClintock Drive and Warner Road in Tempe around 8 a.m. Monday morning.
He was located around 6:30 p.m. Monday near the area of 51st Avenue and Cactus Road in Phoenix.
It is believed he had gone to work in the area of 44th Street and McDowell Road in Phoenix, taking his wallet but not his cell phone.
According to the family, he was believed to be wearing the shirt in the photo, a black polo with white stripes, along with grey slacks.
Espinoza was believed to be endangered, as he suffers from dementia and is legally blind.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts was asked to contact the Tempe Police Department’s non-emergency number 480-350-8311.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Groups with Obama ties help with black voters in Arizona, 4 more states
- Arizona Cardinals’ David Johnson donates electronics to kids’ hospital
- Mesa school custodian arrested for luring minor for sex over 3 years
- Arizona gets failing grade in ranking of best states for teachers
- Documentary about Mayo Clinic to air on Tuesday