Arizona State Fair adds pair of country music acts to 2018 concert series
PHOENIX — You didn’t think the Arizona State Fair would forget about country music, did you?
Country fans can get their fix at the fair with the additions of Big & Rich and Gary Allan to the 2018 concert series lineup.
Allan, who had a No. 1 album in 2013 with “Set You Free,” will hit the Veterans Memorial Coliseum stage on Oct. 5, opening night of the fair.
Big Kenny, John Rich and their band, known for their No. 1 hit “Lost in This Moment” and the raucous “Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy),” are scheduled for Oct. 20.
Instead of giving out this year’s lineup all at once, the fair is spreading out its concert series announcements throughout the summer.
The fair runs Oct. 5-28 at the fairgrounds at 19th Avenue and McDowell Road, with concerts each day at the Coliseum.
General admission concert series seating is free with admission to the fair, but tickets for reserved seats can be purchased for an additional fee.
Tickets for the Allan and Big & Rich shows will go on sale July 6.
Here are the previously announced shows and ticket details:
• Oct. 6: The Flaming Lips (tickets available).
• Oct. 10: .38 Special (tickets available).
• Oct. 11: The Wallflowers (tickets available).
• Oct. 12: Fiesta Friday featuring MC Magic, Baby Bash, Lil Rob and Brown Boy (tickets available).
• Oct. 24: Casting Crowns (tickets go on sale June 29).
• Oct. 25: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats (tickets go on sale July 6).
• Oct. 27-28: Sesame Street Live (tickets available).
See the state fair website for more information.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- The Flaming Lips added to 2018 Arizona State Fair concert series
- Tucson mother, son to host country music festival this month
- Country star Kenny Chesney to bring tour to Phoenix in 2018
- Serious injury forces Marilyn Manson to cancel Arizona State Fair concert
- Midway madness: Arizona State Fair opens gates, fryers on Friday