WASHINGTON (AP) — For the second time in three days, the White House was on lockdown because of a security breach.
Thursday’s lockdown lasted a couple of hours, after two people threw something over the fence surrounding the White House complex — one person from the south side and one from the north, said the Secret Service.
UPDATE: Lockdown lifted at White House after suspects throw suspicious items over fence – @marykbruce
— ABC News Live (@ABCNewsLive) May 8, 2014
The two people were being detained and questioned Thursday afternoon. Secret Service officers were ordering people in the West Wing to stay inside.
The incident follows an hourlong lockdown Tuesday after a vehicle followed a motorcade bringing President Barack Obama’s daughters home through the gates. The driver was charged with unlawful entry, a misdemeanor.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development