LOS ANGELES (AP) – President Barack Obama has visited with the family of a Transportation Security Administration officer who was killed at Los Angeles International Airport earlier this month.
White House spokesman Josh Earnest says Obama gathered with relatives of officer Gerardo Hernandez at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Monday. Obama was in Los Angeles to attend Democratic Party fundraisers.
Obama also met with TSA agents Tony Grigsby and James Speer, both of whom were wounded in the shootings.
On Nov. 1, a gunman pulled a semi-automatic rifle from a bag and shot the TSA officers. Hernandez died from his wounds. Authorities have said 23-year-old Paul Ciancia (see-AHN’-see-uh) had a vendetta against the federal government and was targeting TSA officers.
Hernandez had a wife, Ana, and a 14-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon