WASHINGTON (AP) – President Barack Obama says his administration “fumbled the rollout” of his signature health care law.
Obama is taking responsibility for problems with the launch of the program. He says, quote, “That’s on me.”
Obama says it’s legitimate for Americans to expect him to have to win back some credibility on the health care law and in general.
The president acknowledges his assertion that Americans who like their health plan could keep it, in his words, “ended up not being accurate.” He says that wasn’t his intention.
Obama says he wasn’t informed directly that the Healthcare.gov website wouldn’t be working, and wouldn’t have rolled it out if he did. He says he wouldn’t have been “stupid enough” to say it was going to be like shopping on Amazon had he known.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development