President Barack Obama, in his weekly video address posted on the White House’s YouTube account, expounded on his desire to order a military strike in Syria and why he decided to ask for Congress’ authorization.
“This would not be another Iraq or Afghanistan,” he said.
He said any action the U.S. takes would be “limited,” and that no soldiers would be sent on foot in the contentious Middle Eastern country.
“We cannot turn a blind eye to images like the ones we’ve seen out of Syria,” Obama said in the video. “Failing to respond to this outrageous attack would increase the risk that chemical weapons could be used again.”
The president insisted that the chemical weapons could fall into terrorists’ hands and thus pose a threat to the U.S.’ national security if Americans do not take action soon.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas