President Barack Obama, in his weekly video address posted on the White House’s YouTube account, expounded on his desire to order a military strike in Syria and why he decided to ask for Congress’ authorization.
“This would not be another Iraq or Afghanistan,” he said.
He said any action the U.S. takes would be “limited,” and that no soldiers would be sent on foot in the contentious Middle Eastern country.
“We cannot turn a blind eye to images like the ones we’ve seen out of Syria,” Obama said in the video. “Failing to respond to this outrageous attack would increase the risk that chemical weapons could be used again.”
The president insisted that the chemical weapons could fall into terrorists’ hands and thus pose a threat to the U.S.’ national security if Americans do not take action soon.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food