President Barack Obama, in his weekly video address posted on the White House’s YouTube account, expounded on his desire to order a military strike in Syria and why he decided to ask for Congress’ authorization.
“This would not be another Iraq or Afghanistan,” he said.
He said any action the U.S. takes would be “limited,” and that no soldiers would be sent on foot in the contentious Middle Eastern country.
“We cannot turn a blind eye to images like the ones we’ve seen out of Syria,” Obama said in the video. “Failing to respond to this outrageous attack would increase the risk that chemical weapons could be used again.”
The president insisted that the chemical weapons could fall into terrorists’ hands and thus pose a threat to the U.S.’ national security if Americans do not take action soon.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development