Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
Yes, wire theft is still a big problem.
On May 24 at about 5:30 p.m., a silver Subaru station wagon pulled into the parking lot of a business near 20th Ave. and Peoria.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said, “A man got out, walked over to the building and just started pulling wire out of the wall.”
He stashed it in the back of his car and left.
Rothschild said there’s a real demand for metal and copper wire.
And this isn’t a victimless crime.
“What people don’t realize is it’s not just the cost of the wire but the damage to this building cost between $3,000 and $5,000 to fix.”
To read more about this case, click here.
Have you tried the Silent Witness app yet?
“The app isn’t like a typical app that asks for permissions or locations or photos,” said Sgt. Rothschild. “You simply download, plug-and-play and it walks you right through.”
You still remain anonymous because everything is encrypted.
While you can still call Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS, the app and the Silent Witness website are both proving to be pretty popular.
The name of the app is P3 and you can download it at the App Store or Google Play.
Arizona's Morning News
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix woman turns to street drug dealers to cope with pain
- Here are the restaurants participating in Arizona Restaurant Week
- Pedestrian killed in Phoenix when trailer’s back wheels went on sidewalk
- President Donald Trump will not make Phoenix visit this month
- Teenage girl dies in Phoenix crash; driver was unlicensed