WASHINGTON (AP) – It’s back to the beach for President Barack Obama this summer.
The White House says the president and the first lady will return to Martha’s Vineyard, an affluent island off the coast of Massachusetts, next month for a nine-day stay.
In keeping with White House policy, the vacation plans of their daughters were not disclosed Friday. In the past, daughters Sasha and Malia have joined their parents for trips to the Massachusetts island.
Officials say that the Obamas expect to arrive on Martha’s Vineyard on Aug. 10 and leave on Aug. 18.
It will be Obamas’ fourth summer vacation on Martha’s Vineyard since he became president in 2009, though he has been visiting the area since the 1990s. Obama skipped a trip last year during his re-election campaign.
The Boston Globe first reported the Obamas’ vacation plans.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.