SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – California Attorney General Kamala Harris is declining to address President Barack Obama’s comments that sparked a national discussion about whether compliments paid to a woman detract from her accomplishments.
Obama called Harris the nation’s “best-looking” attorney general at an April 4 Silicon Valley fundraiser. He also described her as brilliant, dedicated and tough.
Harris didn’t talk to reporters after giving a speech at the state Democratic Party’s convention this weekend.
She held a news conference Monday to promote a bill that would provide permanent funding for a prescription drug tracking program run by her office. But when asked about Obama’s comments, she turned the topic back to the legislation.
Harris called the drug program one of the “most pressing issues for the state of California” and said that’s where her focus is.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development