SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – California Attorney General Kamala Harris is declining to address President Barack Obama’s comments that sparked a national discussion about whether compliments paid to a woman detract from her accomplishments.
Obama called Harris the nation’s “best-looking” attorney general at an April 4 Silicon Valley fundraiser. He also described her as brilliant, dedicated and tough.
Harris didn’t talk to reporters after giving a speech at the state Democratic Party’s convention this weekend.
She held a news conference Monday to promote a bill that would provide permanent funding for a prescription drug tracking program run by her office. But when asked about Obama’s comments, she turned the topic back to the legislation.
Harris called the drug program one of the “most pressing issues for the state of California” and said that’s where her focus is.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food