IHOP changes name to IHOB, internet has a lot of fun
The International House of Pancakes, aka IHOP, tricked the internet into talking about it Monday after revealing a temporary name change to IHOB — “b” for burgers.
On the plus side, a lot of the talk was hilarious, especially on Twitter.
IHOP began teasing the name change a week ago on social media, then came the big announcement.
Burgers! The chain known for a breakfast staple has added more hamburgers to the menu.
Then came the big reaction from competitors:
The name change won’t last that long, and most of the restaurants will still go by IHOP, but the company changed signs and its Twitter handle.
- Insurer Anthem will pay record $16M for massive data breach
- Facebook wants people to invite its cameras into their homes
- Court rules bartenders, wait staff entitled to higher pay for nontip work
- Federal, state funds bring high-speed internet to rural Arizona cities
- What should we expect now that net neutrality is dead?