WASHINGTON (AP) – The White House says President Barack Obama held a private dinner recently with former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
White House spokesman Josh Earnest says the Obamas and the Clintons enjoyed the conversation but isn’t releasing details.
Hillary Rodham Clinton stepped down in February as Obama’s chief diplomat after serving in that role throughout his first term.
On Wednesday, Obama shared another notable meal, with a dozen Republican senators near the White House. He had lunch Thursday with Paul Ryan, the Republican chairman of the House Budget Committee, and Chris Van Hollen, the committee’s top Democrat.
Those meals are part of a broader attempt by Obama to improve relations with congressional Republicans in hopes of jump-starting budget talks and rallying support for other proposals.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development