WASHINGTON (AP) – President Barack Obama underwent a fitness test at a Pentagon health clinic on Saturday as part of a periodic medical exam coordinated by his doctor.
The White House said the results will be released by February.
The “Fit to Win Clinic” says on its website that its mission is “to enhance military readiness and civilian wellness through fitness, nutrition, health education and positive lifestyle behavior changes.” Obama returned to the White House after spending just under two hours at the Pentagon.
The 51-year-old Obama, who takes the oath of office a week from Sunday to begin his second term, had his most recent physical exam in October 2011. At the time, he was said to be in excellent health and tobacco-free after years of cigarette smoking. Obama’s doctor reported that he was physically active, ate a healthy diet, maintained a healthy weight and on occasion drank alcohol in moderation.
That exam was Obama’s second since he became president in 2009. His first medical check-up was conducted in February 2010.
During the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in 2010, Obama received 12 stitches in his lower lip after taking an errant elbow during a pickup basketball game with visiting friends and family. The medical report from Obama’s physical exam the following year found a “well-healed lower lip laceration” _ an apparent reference to that injury.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food