WASHINGTON (AP) – President Barack Obama underwent a fitness test at a Pentagon health clinic on Saturday as part of a periodic medical exam coordinated by his doctor.
The White House said the results will be released by February.
The “Fit to Win Clinic” says on its website that its mission is “to enhance military readiness and civilian wellness through fitness, nutrition, health education and positive lifestyle behavior changes.” Obama returned to the White House after spending just under two hours at the Pentagon.
The 51-year-old Obama, who takes the oath of office a week from Sunday to begin his second term, had his most recent physical exam in October 2011. At the time, he was said to be in excellent health and tobacco-free after years of cigarette smoking. Obama’s doctor reported that he was physically active, ate a healthy diet, maintained a healthy weight and on occasion drank alcohol in moderation.
That exam was Obama’s second since he became president in 2009. His first medical check-up was conducted in February 2010.
During the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in 2010, Obama received 12 stitches in his lower lip after taking an errant elbow during a pickup basketball game with visiting friends and family. The medical report from Obama’s physical exam the following year found a “well-healed lower lip laceration” _ an apparent reference to that injury.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier