Chinese police officer lends helping hand to man crossing busy street
Busy intersections can be difficult and outright dangerous to cross, especially for those who may not move as fast as others.
An older man found himself in predicament in China when he was attempting to cross an intersection with a high volume of traffic.
A video published to YouTube showed the man entering the crosswalk, using his cane as guidance with each step.
The senior citizen made it about halfway through the crosswalk while cars waited for him to clear the intersection. But a few lanes over, vehicles kept driving, some at speeds that would make it difficult to slow down in time should the man near the lane.
The video continues as a police officer walks into frame, going towards the older man before offering him a piggy back ride to cross the busy lanes.
The officer’s generous deed reminds us that there’s always a time to lend a helping hand.
- Man in China gets stuck to street due to extreme temperatures
- US-China trade war elevates the risks to the global economy
- Police officer dancing with girl in wheelchair warms hearts
- China push to end reliance on US tech at trade fight’s core
- Retaliatory tariffs target $266 million in Arizona exports, chamber says